What is online counselling?
Online counselling covers a wide range of mediums from instant messages to video chats & telephone and offers the same level of support and confidentiality as face-to-face sessions.
I use a platform called Zoom and I will provide you with all the information you need regarding this. Please click here for Zoom instructions and guidance.
What sort of issues can I contact you about?
Online counselling may be able to help with a wide range of issues including anxiety, stress, depression, relationship problems, self-esteem, bereavement and many more and I will provide, to the best of my ability an online service and environment in which you can express your feelings and gain a deeper insight into your difficulties.
Benefits of online counselling
- You may find it easier to talk, focus and express yourself
- There are no travel costs involved
- You can receive support from the comfort of your own home. Please see this guide on things to consider to help you with this
- We may be able to be more flexible about scheduling our appointments. This can be enormously beneficial for certain people such as carers who are restricted with their availability or parents who cannot afford childcare.
- Online services can also offer you a higher level of privacy if you are concerned that someone might find out you are having counselling.
- It has been really helpful for clients that are away on business or temporarily living in a different country as it means they get continuity which is so important for the counselling process.
- Research shows that online counselling is as effective as in-person counselling
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Disclaimer: There is no guarantee that online counselling is 100% safe, but provided care and consideration is used, the risk that a third party can hack in to the communication is minimal. As far as I am aware my service providers are GDPR compliant but I cannot be responsible for their business.