Hello! I’m Alison
Alison Isaacs (DIP HYP AD PROF DIP PC)
I am a psychotherapeutic counsellor and clinical hypnotherapist working from my own therapy room in Basingstoke, Hants. My aim is to help my clients gain their full potential and realise their goals in a relaxing and comfortable environment. I am experienced in counselling adults and young people with a range of challenges including:
Anxiety, Panic & Phobias, stress, depression, low self-esteem & confidence issues, addiction, anger, bereavement and relationship issues.
The sessions are confidential, so you can talk about things you might not feel comfortable discussing with anyone else and the aim is to help you find better ways to cope, or to bring about changes in the way you think and behave that will improve your mental and emotional well-being. I aim at building a strong and respectful relationship with my clients, in a comfortable and safe place, without fear of being judged.
Those looking for a specific approach to therapy may wish to know that I am an integrative counsellor which means I can use a variety of techniques to suit the client’s individual needs. Including: Humanistic, Person Centred and Psychodynamic approaches. I also draw on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and mindfulness techniques.
I abide by the National Counselling Society’s professional Code of Ethics. This stipulates I attend regular clinical supervision to ensure that the help you receive is meeting your needs as effectively as possible. Your privacy will be respected as fully as possible.
• I am an Approved Anxiety UK Therapist and have been treating clients with various anxiety related issues since August 2016.
• Over 5 years’ experience as a private counsellor
• Work for a number of EAP companies both online and face to face
• Have been supporting NHS staff with various issues via the Duty to Care charity since April 2020
- Oct 2013 – Nov 2014 – The Chrysalis Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills – Dip Hyp CS
- Nov 2014 – Dec 2015 – The Chrysalis Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Dip PC
- Jan 2016 – March 2017 – The Chrysalis Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Ad Dip PC
- December 2017 – The Chrysalis Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- May 2021 – Level 5 certificate in Counselling Young People
- I complete 30 hours of Continuing Professional Development every year as per The National Counselling Society’s professional Code of Ethics and extend my knowledge and training by regularly attending seminars and workshops.