Things to consider when finding privacy
The Covid-19 situation has changed the way we live and regardless of whether we are still in the pandemic at the time you are reading this, the truth is it has changed us and the way we work, so going forward we aren’t going to get private space as much as we might have been able to in the past.
I would always promote a private space, free of interruption and no fear that anyone would enter your space. However I know that’s not always possible so please have a read below for some ideas on how to get your space.
- Tell your family you want some privacy and together work out which rooms you can all be in.
- Use white noise (washing machine etc) to create privacy
- You could put music on outside the door
- Wrap up warm, make a cuppa and go outside
- Zoom has a chat function, so if you want to say something particularly sensitive you can use this to send me a message which I will see straight away. We can have a trial run of this.
- If you are on your own with the kids set them up with a movie and snacks.
- Use headphones so they can’t hear me.
During this time I recognise that we are all doing the best we can with the resources we have. If someone walks in and forgets you are in session then I will laugh or sigh with you. I know you are doing your best and I will go along with you and what works for you. I am here to support you not judge. If you have any concerns about this please let me know and we can work them out together.